Australian and Greek Infused Cuisine. Plus Every Tuesday BBQ Night with Live Singer.
Ozzy Oil’s friendly owners, Nikos and Kerry, met in Aghios Stefanos in 1994. But it was during their seven years of living in Australia that they decided to pursue their dream of running their own restaurant in Corfu. In July 2007 that dream came true.
Kerry (from Australasia) studied to be a chef, but later, realising that it was too much ‘behind the scenes’, started working front of house and absolutely loved it. In the last 18 years she has worked in restaurants all over the world. Nikos (from Corfu) discovered his passion for cooking when he was very young, as he would watch (and try to assist!) his father preparing and cooking food. Now, self-taught, he loves to create special marinades and fantastic dishes.
Nikos and Kerry use their joint passion to produce flavour and flair; a winning combination of fresh Australian and Greek cuisine; and excellent service, giving their customers a welcoming and memorable dining experience.
Dishes include on Thursdays, Slow Roasted Pork Roll with Apricot and Cheese, on Saturdays, Slow Roasted Lamb Shank with Rosemary and Sauté Potatoes and Daily Specials including Australian Wild Boar. Fresh desserts are a feature, as is our ever popular White Chocolate Cheesecake. And Ozzy Oil caters for children with a friendly, healthy Kids Menu.
Here is a small taste of what else is on offer:
- Mangaroo – kangaroo, pan-seared with ginger and brandy, served with mango.
- Courgette Fritter Stack – homemade courgette fritters stacked with blue vein cheese.
- Deep Fried Brie – crumbed Brie, fried and served with caramelized onion and mango chutney.
- Ozzy Oil Prawns – prawns cooked in a homemade Italian tomato sauce and sprinkled with feta cheese.
- Melbourne Mate – homemade Aussie minced pork and beef pie, with onions and mushrooms topped with gravy.
- Canberra Corka – chicken breast, pocketed with feta cheese, topped with peppers and drizzled with honey.
- Healthy Hobart – Linguine pasta tossed with olives, garlic, sun-dried tomatos and topped with avocado and parmesan.
(All main courses are served with a choice of potatoes – mashed, fried or garlic cream – plus fresh vegetables.)
Agios Stefanos, 49081 Avliótes, Kerkira, Greece
Tel (+30)2663 052039