P5090274_2P5090276_2The church is situated in the heart of Corfu town and is an example of a one-aisle basilica style church, built in the 16th century and has a wooden tile roof and a parametric corridor. Dedicated to the Saint Nikolaos of Geronton, San Nicolo Dei Vecchi It was one of the richest churches of Kampielo, the cathedral of the Great Fathers up to year 1712 and houses a carved stone temple, the sanctuary’s wooden crafted chancel screen, one of the oldest in Corfu and a shrine in baroque style. In 1916 it was granted to the Serbians as a Cathedral.


Corfu Address: Ag.Nikolaos Street, Campiello

Translate »

Pin It on Pinterest